Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 30, 2005

I'm approaching the end of the tunnel!!!!

Well everyone...he's right. School is over, HOWEVER, I still have a seminar all next week to complete and technically my graduation is depending on whether or not I actually pass this seminar (which shouldn't be a prob). AND, the weekend of business and family is officially over. I managed to thouroughly enjoy graduation and I did not shed one tear...although my eyes did water a little bit when one of my oldest (first day of our freshman year) friends received her diploma....*sigh* I tend to be a bit nervous at functions like these and usually show it. For instance, my walking buddy was Steph soon-to-be Perry and I was so nervous that, when they announced us, and it was our turn to walk down the isle and into our row, I totally took off in front of her....I left her in the dust as I grinned from ear to ear embarrassed as heck. It's one of those memories you'll never forget, and one of those memories that keeps me from becoming to prideful of myself. To be perfectly honest (and this is somewhat of a new revelation for me) EVERY SINGLE BIG EVENT in my life has been riddled with something really stupid that I have done. For example, I was involved in someone elses graduation where I had to carry the flags down the isle before the graduates walked, and the whole time I was chomping on a piece of gum...I looked like a cow chewing its cud...not a pretty picture (at least that is what the ppl filming told me). Another significant time in my life was my wedding day. Confession: I chewed gum on my wedding day. I wanted to have fresh breath and I didn't have any mints, so I popped some gum. For anyone else this might have been okay....but not me. This time, however, I realized I had fogotten to take out the gum before I walked down the isle and thankfully didn't chew it too much :) But still.....come on.
Well, it is once again just the three of us...
Time with the family has been really good...and so....to all our family...thank you for making our weekend extra special by being such a part of it! And so I think that's all. Nothing new to report. Time to get back to the drudgery of seminar work. Goodnight, cyber world.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Jess-
I was in my dad's wedding and I was chewing gum the whole way down the isle and during the service I started poping and blowing bubbles and then back up the isle I was chewing it also. So I looked like a cow. I find it quite funny now. I was like 12 or something when he got re-married. But once again, Congrats to you and Justin for graduating and getting through it all. I know how it was last year when Tabor graduated and all he had to do. I don't know what seminar you have but I am praying all goes well for you and I know you will do fine. You are an August grad like me! YEA! But anyways, I must go. I beat!

Mommy of Four said...

Hey Jess,
we all have embarrassing moments that could have been avaoided, most of the time...like MY wedding day. How could my embarrassing moment have been avaoided? By not lining the entire 100 foot narrow isle way with tons of tiny tealights...embarrassing moment: my dress caught fire. Yep...people were diving out of their seats into the isle to stomp on my train...not quite what I had pictures for my wedding day. I have tons of other embarrassing moments, but this one will forever be remembered by myself and at least 200 eyewitnesses.
Hey, also, Jackson is not a great idea. Horrible area. Unless you like the ghetto. Seriously, pray about it...if you feel ANY hesitation about Jackson, LISTEN TO YOUR GUT! I would NEVER move there! I'm content with Traverse City...small, quiet, and BEAUTIFUL! Right on Lake Michigan!

Mommy Rader said...

wow Kayla...I guess I can't really beat that!! So Jackson is the ghetto, huh? Intriguing...and scary...that's seriously the closest thing I have found...thanks for all the help....it's been great!

Mommy of Four said...

Bayview Wesleyan Church: (231)947-3792

College Terrace Wesleyan Church: (231)946-9665

Wesleyan Church (231)533-8844

Woodside Wesleyan Church (231)275-7763

There you go! All the "strictly-wesleyan" churches in our area...I can give you a ton of Non-denominational churches if you want, but these are the Wesleyan ones if it must be Wesleyan! Our church is not Wesleyan by the way...it's non-denominational, or some would call it Evangelical, but it's an AWESOME Church! Only about 250-300 ppl total. Let me know if you want any more info!!