Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 10, 2006

What's YOUR opinion??

Okay, here's the deal. Let's say you've had what I'll call a "one-year contract" with your present "employer." And let's say hypothetically that three quarters of the way through your one-year contract you've made it up in your mind that to do this another year would be insane. To add another twist: your "employer" keeps referring to the upcoming year wondering if certain arrangementswill be okay with you, but never presses you for an answer.

Here's my question, and where your opinion would be best served~ If your employer has never actually come out and asked you if you are planning on doing this another year, is it okay that since you've made up your mind that you're absolutely not doing it again, that you haven't told your employer yet? And don't really plan to until the "contract" is complete? And if not, when do you think the best time to tell said "employer" would be?? Or would have been?

5 comments:

Beckie said...

K, so I know you babysit for a living and my friend does the same thing and has the same issues. She plans on giving the parents a couple months warning that they need to find a new babysitter for the upcomming year because their son WILL NOT listen to her no matter what she does and she has given him benefit of the doubt of another year. It didn't work. This year has just stressed her out even more!!! So my suggestion to you is to pray about it and ask God to give you the words to say or the words to write and do it ALL in love!!! If you need any help or suggestions you are more than welcome to ask. My email is iluvgzus2@hotmail.com.

Beckie

Sarah Gomez said...

Hey Jess -
I would definitely give them the courtesy of a bit of notice. If it's anything like here in Ontario, it's HARD to find another sitter. To say on Friday , "I'm not going to do this as of monday" (or even as of NEXT Monday) makes it pretty tough. Think of trying to find a place for Gabriel really fast! You want to make sure that you find the *right* place with the *right* people. That takes time!

Mommy Rader said...

Wow...I guess thers's no such thing as "code" anymore. Thanks for the opinons :) I am finished watching the kids when school get's out for the summer, and planned on telling her no later then before that time...I think three months is a good notice! BUT since I've gotten to thinking about it, I'll prolly tell her sooner than that.

Judy said...

Well, I'm not a babysitter, but I know if I were your employer I would appreciate knowing that you were no longer interested so I could begin looking for a new babysitter.

Richards' said...

My school did that to me... The principal kept taling about how things will go next year, as if I had already signed a contract....