Ah, is there such a thing? And just when you thought I fell off the end of the planet.....suffice it to say lately I feel as though I've been on an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PLANET ALTOGETHER!!! Or is it just everyone else?
A few things you may or may not be interested to note:
1. I am still here and alive. My vital signs are good and my spirits are high (well...perhaps not the hightest, but there's power in positivity, right?)
2. I am DEFINITELY pregnant. I am huge. I am tired. And I still have three more months to go!! Though the word on the street is I don't look very big, I certainly feel huge and whale-like. But it's one of the most gratifiying, beautiful and miraculous feelings a woman has the privilege of feeling. I am thankful.
3. I will post a belly picture soon.
4. I chopped my hair off....as in my hair is barely chin length. I love it. Well....I think so. A new hair cut for me usually advances in stages. I love it after they style it, I go home and try to do the same thing they did and fail miserably, and am left with whatever I'm able to construct with tons of hairspray and hair crap. I'm in the latter stages now and am doing what I can with my new mop of hair. The key is this: less time and more poof! I'm all about the poof!
5. I just began the newest Bible Study by Beth Moore with some of the ladies from our church: The Life of Daniel. I'm in for a wild ride! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me during the course of these next few months. I intend to walk away different. I have commited to at least that.
6. Did I mention I'm extremely tired and exhausted and in DIRE need of a vacation?? Alas, my vacation must wait until after the little one is born....T minus a lot more days to go......
7. The church piano decided to up and break mid-way thought the first song I was leading Sunday morning....so I did what any pianist would do....I kept on keeping on despite the discusting sounds emitting from it. Well.....I guess that's not entirely true. What happened I don't know as of yet, but one thing I do know....piano's are not meant to play more than one key at a time when one one is being pressed. There was at least an octave and a half going down simultaneously in the exact spots I needed to play. I discovered a new talent/gift I've been given.....the gift on one-fingering extremely LOW base notes as an accompaniment.
8. I am a magnet for needy people. They always seem to find me! LEAVE ME ALONE! And don't get me wrong. I would love to help, but it always seems like the people that find me are the life-sucking, selfish ones that can't be helped. I'm a sucker for these kinds of people. WHY?
9. Justin and I have finally (through much prayer, phone calls, and personal reflection) decided on a birth plan for our new addition who will be here in three short months! We will be having a water birth at home!!! We are SO excited, and I haven't really told anyone besides immediate family. Well I guess not even that. We have prayerfully researched this a lot and still have so much more to do. All I know is that this is so right for our family. I have a peace about it, and thinking about bringing our little one into the world in such a personal, intimate and private way sends chills down my spine! The spiritual aspect of birth is missed so often, and I don't want to miss it one more time! I cannot wait for our little one to be here! So much still to do!!!!
10. We have decided on a name which we will announce when baby is born.
11. Gabe's surgery is next weekend. Going through the drama a second time doesn't make it any easier...I am still struggling with letting my little guy go through this. But he has to, and I know the Lord will take such good care of him. If even I, being an earthly, faulty mother would take the utmost care for him, how much more so would his Creator? This I know and firmly believe.
12. Pregnancy does really weird things to a marriage. While it is a beautiful stage in a marriage, it also brings some dynamics to the table that one may not have previously thought of. For instance....who get's the last piece of whatever you're sharing? Who get the most massages? The pregnant one? Or the one suffereing from the wrath of the pregnant one? And who wins with the air conditioning? The freezing, patient husband? Or the hot, sweaty, BIG pregnant woman who will physically challenge you if you touch the knob? And this is really only the tip of the iceberg. I KNOW all you pregnant woman and/or moms can relate!
13. I will have a Rogam shot, an antibody screen, and a routine Gestational Diabetes test next weekend. I cannot wait until that's all over. Being Rg negative, I've had enough Rogam shots to last me a life-time.
14. I have been having a lot less contractions (praise God!) and am now on normal scheduled visits with my doc! And I'm also working with an amazing team of midwives! God has been so good to provide them for us during this prengnancy. I didn't have that luxury when I was pregnant with Gabe.
15. That's all...I can't think of anything else. I am blessed. I am pregnant. I am tired. Good night blog world.
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Behold....Mommy Rader Wisdom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























6 comments:
thanks for the update Jess! I've been wondering how you were doing. i loved #12, i concur, especailly the part about the freezing husband and huge sweaty pregnant wife!
I had my GD test yesterday, still waiting for the results. You're braver than me to do a water birth - i'm looking forward to the pain killers. I'll be praying for Gabe and his surgery
Steph good to hear from you as well! I am waiting for a belly picture! YOU WILL POST ONE SOON!! YOU WILL!! YOU WILL!!
And hunny brave has nothing to do with having a water birth! At least I hope not, because I am the world's biggest chicken :) I'm just doing what I believe is right for my body and my family at this time. Isn't it exciting that we're gonna have little ones very soon? Thanks for thinking of Gabe and I'll be praying that your GD test results come back negative! One down....one more to go. Helpful hint: To pass your Group B Strep test eat a TON of yogurt (my midwife told me this)! You usually have the test around 35 weeks...I've just incorporated a TON of yogurt into my diet anyways, but you're less likely to have to have routine antibiotics during your labor if you eat a lot of yogurt before you go for your test!!!! POST A BELLY PIC SOON OR I'LL COME GET YOU. It'll be the dual of the century. Two pregnant woman battling it out.....I can see it now....
Glad to see you posted and are still alive!
I say the pregnant wife ALWAYS wins the food battle. When in doubt the baby gets the last piece of anything...they can't deny the baby can they??
Glad things are going so well, post that belly pic so we can see the belly and the new hair!!!
Very excited about your new little one! I may be out of the loop a bit, but what is Gabe's surgery for? Our Morgan had surgery at roughly the same age as Gabe, and we were shocked at how effortlessly he handled it. They told us that kids bounce back so much quicker than grown-ups, but we were still amazed. I pray Gabe is the same! And about Beth Moore...have you done any of her studies? She's amazing, and I've watched the first two dvds of the Daniel one...it is incredible! It is amazing how specifically the prophecies in it parallel what is happening in the world today. You will love it. I went to see Beth a few months ago, and she is so powerfully anointed by the Lord that all who willingly submit to the Lord under her ministry will be thoroughly changed. I pray that you will feel the Lord's hand on you today and each successive day of your pregnancy!
Ah Jess, I am so excited that baby #2 is baking and you are happy with yous ever growing belly! I sort of miss that.. but I am not quite ready for another one, no matter how much I try and tell myself that I am... Glad to hear an update, and I'm often thinking of you guys! Keeo up the updates, and I'd love to see pics!
....We're waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiting!.....
Post a Comment