UPDATE: There will be no surgery for Gabe today. This silly cough will just not leave. I think I'm going to take drastic measures....when I figure out what that is I will let you know. He's had this cough since the first week of August!
On a more positive note however, Gabe and I had a really nice mommy/Gabe day yesterday! We finally took the mall trip I've been wanting to take with him since Monday (when I fell down the stairs) and couldn't, and yesterday we spent most of the day there! I invited one of his little buddies to come with us (and his mom) and we all went together. He had such a blast, and it gives my heart so much joy to see him so happy!! He played at the play center in the mall (the BEST thing in the mall next to Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret....for their FRAGRANCE that is...not that there's anything wrong with anything else...I just wanted to make sure you didn't....you know....oh whatever). When they built the play place I think they strategically placed it right in front of those two stores for a reason. I saw an awful lot of dads sitting inside the play place watching their kids play followed by an awful lot of moms coming back with Bath and Body Works bags. I LOVE those stores. Kayla, you'll appreciate this one. In college you had the Victoria's Secret fragrance Pear something or other and I remember I would borrow it all the time and ever since then I've been hooked. So I thought of you yesterday :) Anywho I went into said stores and sprayed the above mentioned fragrance all over myself (and my other fav from Bath and Body...Pearberry) and made a quick exit. A mom like me could come out with WAY too much stuff. Anywho this trip was supposed to be about Gabe......then we went to the huge water fountain thing in the middle of the mall (he LOVES this) and we threw all of my spare change in. THEN we went to KB toys and I let him run around like a yahoo and grab stuff off the shelves while I chased him around picking up everything he left behind. Well...perhaps that wasn't voluntary. Oh and we did Pizza Hut for lunch :) Which...allow me to say that some people are greedy pizza monsters!! We did the lunch buffet and the ONLY pizza I really like from there is their deep dish pepparoni which this one man would HOG every time it came out. As in he would leave with half the pizza on his plate! And my pregnant little self would run to the bar to get the said pizza only to discover every one had beat me to it. And it takes forever for them to bring another one out. So I think I had two pieces of the good pizza and filled up on bread sticks....but it was still fun:) It just did my heart so much good to see him doing things that I know he enjoyed. Very rarely do him and I just get out for "fun." Usually we just have "fun" at home which can get pretty "un-fun" sometimes...If you know what I mean. Then I had some photo stickers made to capture the day. They were cheap and look every bit of it but they were so cute :) So now anyone in the world can carry around a sticker of Gabe on their whatever they want to stick it on....how cute is that?
Oh and about that belly pic.....I would refer to my last post's comment for a clue....It's like a game! Oh...I think I've been watching WAY TOO MUCH Blue's Clue's the last week or so! Gabe has suddenly taken up a fascination with the Blue pup and I actually don't mind watching it (confession). I even woke up singing the theme song yesterday morning! Now THAT'S bad. Anywho...there's a clue there if you're interested and I'm pretty sure it's the only clue there is :) And I'm pretty sure it's worth your while to check it out.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
A Mocha Latte Morning Story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























2 comments:
Oh I'll be checking (wink wink) maybe not at (blank) but tomorrow morning for sure (nudge nudge)
P.S. I too watch Blue Clues...er I mean Mya watches Blues Clues....can't get anything past me...I'm on to you...
They placed our play place right in front of those stores too!
Post a Comment