Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ice, rocks, babies and birth...

I can still eat my ice!!!! HOORAY!! But there will be no eating of the rocks. Apparently my iron level is fine (well...my midwives prefer it at 12 and mine was at 11 last night so while it's not hitting the mark it isn't that far off). Which by the way makes for one very happy mama! I was beginning to stress un peur about that....did I spell that right??? Did I even get that right? And apparently one of my midwives craved ice herself and she was fine. SO all that to say my cravings for ice are okay!!! AND the icing on the cake: I currently have a HUGE bag of ice sitting in my freezer and I'm not shy about standing in front of my fridge, sticking my head in the stupid freezer, and eating crushed ice with a spoon from the bag. There's absolutely nothing like it!

My midwife appointment last night went rather well. Baby is still ROA (for those of you who care about all the technicalities)...and estimated to be about 3 Ibs which is right on for 31 weeks!!! AND....baby is full term in 6 weeks and I am PRAYING that he comes soon after that! I cannot wait for him to be here, and wouldn't mind the extra space between the birthdays. Plus we have a lot of traveling plannned soon after baby is born (bad timing I know) but life goes on. We need to make it up to Maine the second week of December and also to the Gathering the first week of January (can't wait to see some of you guys!!!). But in the end a healthy baby and mommy are best. And to be honest, I really am milking these last weeks of pregnancy for all they're worth. It will be over all too soon and I am really liking the Gabe and mommy time:) But I cannot get labor off the brain....I am so excited to birth this baby in the ways that we have chosen and am almost giddy at the thought of actually being in labor (but I'm sure all that giddiness will pass shortly after :)) On an interesting side note, however, I was given some interesting stuff from my midwives called Spiruella (?I think I spelled that right?). Has anyone ever tried it before? It's an organic green that's supposed to boost overall well-being as well as iron I believe....and it's supposed to help with extreme fatigue which I've been battling a lot lately...not good when a toddler needs your attention and care! And speaking of toddlers, mine is pretty much fully recovered. He still has a bandage that cannot be removed until Sunday, but other than that he's healing up very nicely and is just as ornery as ever ;) He brings joy to my heart and makes me laugh unbelievably sometimes. *sigh* I have it good.

Well blogdom, I am off to eat some ice, as all this talk about ice has got me a'cravin'!!! And I feel the need to apologize to my male and/or non-pregnant readers for my insane amount of pregnancy posts!! I will endeavor to find something a little more gender neutral and non-preggo friendly next time around :) But until then.....

4 comments:

Steph said...

yay! I'm glad you can have your ice and that everything is going well.

I didn't know you guys were going to the gathering. Ben and I thought about it, but we're going to be visiting our families, we didn't make it home for the holidays last year, so they get us this year (especailly since there is a one and only grand child involved)

Anonymous said...

Well I am happy for you! And rather upset about myself! I was robbed!!! I got the shaft! I could have eaten ice until my heart was content! I'm so distraught that I'm going to start eating ice NOW- just to make up for my lost time! I don't even want it, but I'm going to eat it b/c I CAN!!!

Congrats on the big bag in the freezer. You are one lucky girl!

P.S. We decided not to go to The Gathering...(I think)....

Dena said...

Congrats on your ice! Elliott is hoping to get to the Gathering, but it's about 3 days after we move to Peru, so kinda bad timing. But we are trying to work it out. I'm getting very excited for your birth, too. I hope we can compare water birth stories afterward. Happy ice-ing!

Angela said...

Yay for being an ice monster! I'm more of a cookie monster in my pregnancy- and lately have been a pizza/ice tea monster!

Enjoy!
So glad everything is looking up for you and baby! Can't wait to meet him via blogdom!