Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Update from Blogdom Boredom.


Gabe is finally going in for his surgery tomorrow. While I have mixed emotions about this (I want him to get it done, but don't want him to have to go through it), I am praising the Lord for His Hand upon my son. He is scheduled for tomorrow (Friday) at 1 p.m., so we'll need to have him there at 11. My little man is getting so BIG!! Please keep him in your prayers should you stumble across this blurb....

And here's my little angel smiling with his Auntie "Teesh" from our trip to Maine last week. We had a wonderful time and it was so nice to get that last minute trip in (just Gabe and I) before baby boy number two comes along.

AND.....I had my ultrasound today!!!! I FINALLY got to see baby boy Rader before he makes his debut into the world. Unfortunately the doc didn't inform me exactly when he would be performing the ultrasound, so hubs wasn't with me today and missed baby.....which was really dissapointing :( But he will see him soon enough and much better than any ultrasound can tell. Baby is in a great position....head down, anterior and all that mumbo jumbo :) and weighing in at a whopping 3 pounds. Now I've heard from a lot of people, (and whether this is true I do not know...I suppose only time will tell). But I've heard that your babies only increase in weight....never decrease. Anyone know if this is true, or experienced this? I've talked to many where this has been the case and never met anyone or talked to anyone where this hasn't been the case. Anywho....that means I'm looking at at least an 8 Ib. 2 oz. baby :) That's what Gabe was....so I suppose if this "rule" is true then I will have a good size baby!!! And the doctor reported that everything looks good which makes a mommy glad to hear!

All in all things are well here at the Rader household, and to be honest, I just haven't been inclined to blog lately. I really feel like I've lost the blogging flair, and could care less whether I get it back. Time will tell I suppose...perhaps some really interesting stuff will go on here that will BEG to be blogged about :) Either way enjoy reading faithful few :)

5 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

Well, they said Amberly was 9 lbs in her u/s 5 days before she was born...she was born weighing 7lbs 11 oz.

And baby is POSTerior? That's not good. That means "face up" Baby should be anterior (face-down). Posterior delivery makes for a pretty terrible labor (and birth)...trust me...that's what Jadon was.

Beckie said...

There is hope. :) My mom had her first child at just shy of 9lbs. then we all decreased from there I weighed in at 6lbs. 7oz. and I was #5. :) Here's to having a "smaller than Gabe" healthy baby boy. :)

God Bless,
Beckie

P.S. - I understand the loss for interest for blogging. :)

Mommy of Four said...

Yeah, by the way...I meant to mention, Jadon was NINE pounds...Amberly was just over 7 and a half. But I aslo gained 39 pounds with Jadon, and only 14 with Amberly

Mommy Rader said...

I meant to put "anterior" :) I wondered if anyone would catch that, but was too tired to get back on and fix it :) Baby is anterior for those of you who are interested :)

Dena said...

Don't worry too much about how much the ultrasound says he weighs. Anyone I've ever talked to, myself included, says the ultrasound counts the baby as weighing more than he really does. My doc was worried Micaiah was getting too close to 10 lbs, but he was only 8'11". Don't worry about the u/s, most babies seem to be 1/2 to a pound less than the estimates. Also, glad Gabe came through soon.