Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 06, 2006

STILL pregnant...but not without HOPE.

Yup...and according to various sources (which will go un-named) I'm STILL huge. Why can't people just keep their opinions to themselves? There. My rant for the day. Someone said to me yesterday at church (ironically where I am offended the most by these innocent comments), "so and so is having a baby and she's due only a couple of days before you....BUT...she's not as big as you are....BUT this is her first." HELLO! I know she meant well and all but that one really got to me. I was told I was huge twice yesterday. And perhaps I'm just being overly sensitive and the pregnancy hormones are raging. But I was reduced to tears following the service in the privacy of my own home due to such "innocent comments." *sigh* Being overly sensitive is one of my finer qualities ;-) And while technically I'm not "due" for another couple weeks, I am really hoping that this baby decides to come very soon. I am getting so antsy just waiting around, but I'm also enjoying this last minute time as a family of three. Pretty much everything is all set for baby's arrival, and my midwives don't seem to think I'll make it much longer...whatever that means!

Having a baby is sort of like anticipating Christ's triumphal return. Now, work with me on this one. 1) No one knows the time or the hour. 2) So many are excitedly watching, waiting, and planning for the arrival. 3) There are signs that point to the time, but that cannot predict exactly when that time will be. And that's just to name a few! Baby and Christ will come when they are ready and what glorious days those will be!!!! Meanwhile patience must still remain a virtue, however impossible it may seem sometimes. But the Lord gives strength to the weary and those who wait on Him will mount up with wings as eagles and soar (Is. 40:31).

And so each day as I awake I ask myself...will today be the day???? And I resign myself with a smile and a knowing glance towards the heavens....no one may know the day or the hour of either Christ's return, or the birth of our beautiful baby, but Christ himself surely does and knowing at least SOMEONE knows is enough for me. And after all...if not today, tomorrow is always another day.

17 comments:

Dena said...

That's why the Bible gives all these signs of the End Times, but says they are the "begining of labour pains". Some women have those 30 min labours (and we hate them) and some have contractions half the pregnancy.

On the "huge" issue. I know the sting may still remain, but as far as I can tell from the pics you don't look like you have gained an ounce in any place other than the baby. So when people make comments like that, just know that they couldn't possibly be refering to anything other than the full-of-baby belly. You look GREAT!

Mommy of Four said...

I rather enjoy people's comments about my belly, as long as they keep their hands of and don't call me "fat". When my dad would say I was "huge", I knew he was calling me fat (because he decided to "joke" about me being a pig, the way I ate when I was pregnant...he actually "oinked" at me while I was eating lunch one day.). I love having a big bellym, though, and I love seeing it on other people. Yes, I think your BELLY is huge, but it's just the most precious thing in the world! You've got a sweet baby in there!! I LOVE HUGE BELLIES!! There...I said it. And I love yours, too:) YOU are not huge...your tummy is, and I would steal it from you and put it on me, any day:)

Maria Purviance said...

Hey Jess. I don't know if we ever hung out at Bethany...I don't think we did...but I do remember you. Anyway, just wanted to say I am excited for you and your about to be baby! I am sure you can't be any bigger than I was! My belly was massive...and people always asked me if I was sure I wasn't having twins. I would just smile and say yes I am sure. And Kayla is right...just your belly is big...and it's so wonderful to have a big belly when you are pregnant. I liked it a lot.

Maria

Mommy Rader said...

Hey Maria! Of course I remember you....we were apartment mates at one point I think :)

Anywho...I LOVE my belly...I don't love being called huge. That's all I really meant. I think I just take that as being huge all over which I'm paranoid about because with Gabe I had pre-ecclampsia and swelled like a balloon and was huge all over!!! I actually enjoy very much the way I look pregnant, I just think I'm reading into people's comments about being huge way too much :)

Angela said...

Jess, I understand how you feel. I am starting to feel huge at times and when people say things to me like, "Oh wow! You're big and you still have 3 months to go!" it doesn't exactly bring a smile to my face.
You ARE beautiful though and your belly is beautiful. I try to think about the fact that I will never look like this again. Even future children will be a little bit different. It makes it seem a little more special for me than just feeling 'huge', and the focus transfers from how I feel about myself to how I feel about my baby.

Anonymous said...

I was told I was HUGE - (with -gasp, horror, shock) when I was prob. 6 mo. preg and had gainded maybe 10 lbs - and yes, I cried, and then ate some more. (stickin' it to 'The Man') I will (hopefully, cross my fingers, even when it's been 20 yrs since my last delivery) never use those words to another beautifully pregnant woman. People should just know better....esp. women, esp. women who have given birth in this lifetime.
How is "huge" a compliment? I'm lost on that one.
I also had someone who knew me (but I didn't know them - one of those). Say something to the effect of "Heard you had a baby. So good to see you kept some of the baby weight on". I nearly barfed on her shoes right then and there as I sat mouth agap in utter shock. The mom's later made the connection for me and said this lady had prob. seen me last when I was 12 and akwardly skinny. Still, I felt like calling her up and telling her my pant size just to prove that I have the right to eat despite giving birth and all.

You are beautiful and full of baby! There is no greater reason, to let the scale go up a bit, and no other person you'd rather gain weight for. He's worth it. And you'll still be one hot mamma!!

Mommy Rader said...

Ladies you are all too kind! Thanks for understanding the crazy emotions of a preggo mama!! It really is insane how one's body morphs into something so big and beautiful :) And I too, Kristi was told after I got preggo that I looked better with a little bit of weight on me....! Sheesh...some people and their opinions!!! But what can you do except be thankful for the life inside you and hold your head high because like Ang said, at no time in your life will you be as beautiful as you are now!! This pregnancy has taught me a lot about accepting who God has created me to be...inside and out and being thankful for the miracles that he's allowed me to experience and whatever that may do to the outside, it only serves to remind me of the precious memories and miracles that I have been blessed with....stretch marks, extra skin, weird things and all :)

Steph said...

Jess, you're amazing inside and out!

Mommy of Four said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!

Steph said...

YAY! congrats Jess! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of your new little baby!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on baby #2. Can't wait to hear what his name is and see pics of him. Hope you are recovering and found the home birth experience to be a wonderful way to welcome him into the family.

Heather Durkee said...

Congrats!

Richards' said...

Ok, I also can't wait to hear a name and see pictures! Yeah for a little bro for Gabriel!!

matthew said...

Congratulations on meeting your baby!

Dena said...

Congrats on Elijah! What a perfect name. So proud of you and your body in your home water birth. Yeah water babies! Can't wait to see his pics!

Mommy of Four said...

I was going to let them be the ones to announce...that's why I haven't said anything! Let them have the joy of announcing their details:)

Angela said...

I accidentally deleted your email announcement so couldn't hit reply, but wanted you to know we are praising the Lord with you for a healthy and wonderful new child! Congratulations from the MacPhersons!!! We look forward to seeing pictures. :-)