"Baby 'Lijah," as Gabriel has so affectionately termed him, turns 3 months today. CRAZY. And while I run the risk of joining the ranks of other mothers who invariably say, "time has flown way too fast," it's so true. So grab a number and get in line I guess! And in other news, I have currently lost (drum-roll please) 12 Ibs. Our church has been participating in a re-make of NBC's hit show, "The Biggest Loser." And while I don't have all that much to lose, I hopped on board to be accountable in getting the last few baby pounds off (when I say few I mean 20!) So 12 down, approximately 8 more or so to go! Every other Sunday is weigh-in day and I have endearingly termed weigh-in day as "Celebration Day" where I get to treat myself to WHATEVER I want to eat...including dessert. And I had the most amazing piece of chocolate cake I think I have ever had today. Such decadance. Absolute bliss. I enjoyed every minute of my well-earned dessert! And how I lost those stubborn 12 pounds : Eating right and exercizing about an hour six days a week. And I am seeing results. It's true, and I am living proof....there is no "magic pill," or "magic diet." It's simply about choosing a healthy lifestyle. Eating right and exercising is what will get you lasting results. And I am learning so much about what kinds of foods aid your body in doing what it does best, and what kinds of exercize is most beneficial to you. I eat all day long and I love it! I would wager that most of you if not all of you are unaware of my intense struggle with eating disorders my entire life, and this type of thing is totally foreign to me...until now. While I am and have been healed of the physical manifestations of eating disorders for quite some time, I am not completely healed of the mind-set, and the Lord is teaching me daily about beauty and what it means to be baeutiful to Him, inside and out.
So, I am proud of what the Lord is doing in my life, and I am especially proud of the precious children He's blessed me with. Please click on the picture of baby Elijah to see more pictures of him on his special day.


























4 comments:
He truly is a cutie, Jess. Bother your boys are. And on the weight loss - good for you! All those baby pounds are hard to lose, esp when youa re busy with two little ones and can't always find the time to cook a well-balanced meal. Congrats on being past the half-way mark!!
I was able to lose all the weight after Micaiah, but not tone that stretched out flabby belly. So how do you do that?
Thanks, Dena :) And I did get your email and I will respond....soon....really I will :) And yes the lower abs are the hardest to tone after having a baby...espeically two, and are usually the last to get completely tight again. I do some really great lower ab exercised that really work! I'll email them to you when I reply to your last email :) I'll just go do that right now....
Hey, I want a copy of that lower ab email!!!
Okie-kay :)
Post a Comment