Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 07, 2008

Sea of Testosterone

I happened upon a cute site this morning from a forum I regularly participate in and haven't stopped smiling since *proverbial grin getting wider*. Having boys is a trip...anyone that will tell you otherwise isn't running on all four cylinders-if you know what I mean (insert elbow jab here). Boys are hilarious fun that never stops!! And for those of you getting your panties in a twist about how "fun" girls are....yes, they're fun too. And most likely a trip all in their little adorable right, but since I don't have those let me stick to my own area of expertise (and mind you...I have a LOT to learn and quite frankly can't learn it fast enough). I love my boys and wouldn't change a darn thing. Still, I can't help but laugh at the excerpt from this book that I'm definitely putting on my wish list (birthday's coming up soon hubs-make a note). Partial Article - A Peek Inside the Book:“Are You Going to Try for a Girl?”. As soon as I saw this title my fingers couldn't click the mouse fast enough. If I had a penny for every time someone asked me this, I'd be bigger than the Trump man himself. My how I can relate to this article on so many levels. It cracks me up. Moms to boys everywhere can relate at some level I'm sure. And mom to boys or not, virtually everyone can almost certainly appreciate a little refresher course on "Guy's" Rules.

BUT. For those of you raising a precious boy(s), it's inevitable that you will one day discover things like...

1.) A king size water bed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft.house 4 inches deep.

2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.

3.) A 3-year old boy’s voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20×20 ft. room.

5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

6.) The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn’t stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words “uh oh”, it’s already too late.

8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

9.) A six-year old boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old man says they can only do it in the movies.

10.) Certain Lego’s will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.

11.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.

12.) Super glue is forever.

13.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can’t walk on water.

14.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15.) VCR’s do not eject “PB & J” sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.

16.) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.

19.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.

20.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.

21.) It will, however, make cats dizzy.

22.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

23.) 80% of women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.

24.) 80% of men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.

Taken from More Testosterone Humor

For more crazy boy humor, books, ideas, and mom groups near you, visit Mom's of Boys for more laughs and support.

3 comments:

Dena said...

Love it, love it, love it!!! We laughed good, and Elliott cracked up at the last one...on his way out the door for brake fluid!

Jenn said...

Ummmmm...glad I have a girl! :)

Roxanne said...

Fortunately, my little guys were/are fairly tame, so I've survived so far. I'll have to get that book--it sounds hilarious!