For those of you non-facebooker's out there...I haven't forgotten about you!! Here's the last belly pic of the first trimester. And if this isn't enough for you, there's a few more HERE just in case. Oh and just to clarify, I look as though I've been carved in wood because you are looking at reflections only of my bump in my dining room hutch, with several fun effects added for good measure, of course! And it wouldn't be a post without a pregnancy update!! This pregnancy has consumed my every waking moment and it's only fitting that as it's my LAST, it shall consume my blog as well. Don't like it? Don't read :) I say this only because my first instinct was to apologize (of all things) for writing yet another pregnancy-related post. So if for no one else than myself...this is my personal blog (albeit a public one -!) and if I want to talk about pregnancy until the cows come home I darn well will. There. So where was I? Ah, yes...pregnancy update. Things are going well, and even a bit better than the last time I posted a pregnancy update (2 month update). The nausea, while still my constant companion, has lessened in its severity, allowing me to tolerate a wide range of activities that before seemed impossible (i.e., showering, painting my toe-nails, applying make-up, fixing my hair, getting off the couch for something other than a child's pressing need-or a pee break, and thinking of anything BESIDES being pregnant). I kid you not folks, it was bad =) All in all, I'm again glad for the experience of feeling like death was imminent, as apparently I had it pretty darn easy with my boys. Looking forward to what will hopefully be my last doc appt for a month this Wednesday (they freak out about my blood pressure so the doc's been seeing my every 2 weeks and with the whole showering, fixing of the hair, make-up, and getting off the couch difficulty, every 2 weeks was more of an annoyance. Still...I was assured of baby's health and who doesn't want that?!?!). But since my BP has been wonderful (which it was during Elijah's pregnancy as well) I'm sure my visits will return to normal monthly check-ups. I can't think of anything else that my adoring public would be interested in, except to say that if you hadn't heard already I was pregnant with twins at once time. I never actually made the news public because I wasn't sure early on as the u/s tech expected a blood clot instead of a sac, but my doc did indeed confirm at my 10 week visit that I was carrying twins at one point during this pregnancy, and that's about all he was able to confirm. Interestingly enough I do have a pic of two little beans in there to treasure always (though it's obvious one little bean didn't make it). This apparently common phenomenon is termed "Disappearing Twin Syndrome" or "Vanishing Twin Syndrome". Still, I can't say it enough...I'm thankful for one healthy heart. Two would have been a huge blessing and answer to prayer as I've casually prayed for twins off and on through the years, but nothing negates the fact that I have been blessed with another child to love. And love him or her I most certainly already do. And I have THE BEST girl name picked out already. The boy names are coming a little harder but I'm working on it =) Interesting note and I'll find out if it's significant at my 20 wk scan: With my other two pregnancies I had no trouble at all coming up with boy names before the mid-way scan. It was the girl names that I just couldn't settle on. Nothing seemed right. Or, to fit. Now I have the exact opposite thing going on. If babe # 3 is a girl then BAM. She's named and I couldn't be more proud or happier of the name. In fact, I'm considering sharing the name (which we usually don't do) just because I'm so doggon in love with it. And if baby is all boy he just could remain nameless for quite some time. Until I find that "it" name. Mothers instinct....or crazy pregnancy brain?? Only time will tell...;)
Monday, July 21, 2008
So Long First Trimester!!! Don't let the door hit ya on the way out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























5 comments:
Any chance of revamping the girl's name to make it a boy's? lol...for the record, I love reading pregnancy posts, because I'm so happy my friends have been blessed in such a way. So don't feel bad about what you write. :) Sounds like things are getting better...
Glad everything is going good for you :)
I LOVE that pic of your belly. I kept staring at it, unsure how it looked lie that, but after I read your explanation it was clearer. Man, that's such a great way to hide any stretch marks you might have. And MAN, do you look tiny! Your bod is so little, nothing but tummy.
I'm glad everything is going so well. I've heard a lot about vanishing twin syndrome, and it sounds pretty common. Like you said, the healthy one you have is really all that matters.
With both of my pregs I had the easiest time picking a girl's name, but the boy's is always harder for me. I definitely think you should share-not on sheer principle, but because I wanna know! We've darn curious!
Anyway, glad everything is great and you are feeling better, if only a little.
ohh. you know I love a pg post! Don't apologize!
I live vicariously through them!
I just wanted to say, I found your blog by googling something like "fun blog ideas" and yours came up with the crayon post. As luck would have it, you are just a few weeks further along in your pregnancy than I am. This is my first and I have really learned a lot from your posts.
I hope you don't mind me reading them. I promise, I am a normal person. :)
Post a Comment