Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Per usual, I've been behind in almost everything lately!! Here's the birthday pic of my Gabey-baby turning 4 (he doesn't like when I call him that anymore though). I've always called him that *sniff*. Guess he's getting too big for that mushy mommy talk. Mr. Big Wig pre-school pants, apparently. He's also in that annoying (did I say annoying? I meant independent) "do it myself" stage. While it's great that he's learning to assert himself and becoming more independent, my gosh. It takes us hours to get anything done. I think really I could just use an extra burst of patience in that area more like it. Seriously, though. Takes the kid hours to do what I could do (and would rather do) in minutes. But he's doing it "himself" and that makes him feel pretty special so we just go with it...mostly. As long as we're not hugely late for anything he gets to take as long as he wants and I try not to comment on the backwards t-shirt, mismatched socks, or upside down coat (?). This boy has the amazing ability to brighten my day with just his smile. God knew what He was doing when he blessed me with Gabriel. He's the perfect fit for a mom like me. I'm looking forward to many, many more years with this boy =) In other news...there is none! Hoping to get a belly pic up soon as it's been almost a month since the last one. I've definitely grown (but I'll just keep all the growing details on the down low if you know what I mean)! Until then, most likely...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute picture. I know what you mean about becoming independant. I get that with both my kids, until my son won't let go of my leg when I walk him to his kindergarten class, then he's still "Mommys' little boy"! I'm trying to savor every minute of it since they seem to grow sooooo fast.
Looking forward to seeing another belly picture. I'm thinking of putting another one up soon (maybe after 30 weeks). I think we'll need the wide lens angle since I'm getting soooooo huge!

Mommy Rader said...

***I think we'll need the wide lens angle since I'm getting soooooo huge!****

BAHAHAHAHA!!!! Totally know what you mean...but you're allowed to be huge-you've got two little ones in there!! Can't wait to see your cute lil' belly =)

Richards' said...

Crazy how they want to do everything their selves! Gabby is in that stage too! "No, Gabby do it!" Is permanently embedded in my brain!