Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 25, 2005

My vital signs are good and my spirits are........CRAP

Okay...sometimes people really frustrate me. Sometimes I feel the need to shake something off. Sometimes I wish I could padlock my door forever and keep intruders out. Sometimes I wish I could look people in the face and say, "no!" Sometimes I wish I could punch people in the face...fellow bloggers and all who read...this is one frustrated mom. Why is it that random people just decide to invade your house without asking permission and take over the entire night? Why is it that I allow it? I wouldn't want to be mean I guess. Whimp. So instead I displace my anger on the cyber world...better the person's face I guess. There...I feel much better. Get this...I learned something in one of my Bethany classes the other day that said you could still be entirely sanctified and still be tempted to do wrong.......you never know....it's always nice to know you're still on the right track!!!

6 comments:

Judy said...

It's alright to ask people to leave....if they don't respect the fact that you want some privacy then that is there problem, not yours. You can't hold their hand forever. Anyway, it is possible to get over this challenge of not wanting to hurt people's feelings or offend people all of the time. That remedy is to just realize that you are a person too, and you have rights, you have needs, you have desires, and you have a place (your home) which should be yours to escape to. PLEASE, learn this now, or you will NEVER learn to say no to people. The sooner you take courage and ask for something, the sooner you will be relieved of these frustrations!!! I pray that courage will be something that will well up from within you, from Jesus, and your requests will be heard in the love that comes from him!!!!!

Mommy Rader said...

Thanks Judy :) I am getting better though, I must say!

Mommy of Four said...

You know, I had SERIOUS Postpartum Depression after Jadon was born, and I HATED when people would be over at my house -- my safe haven....I would just say, "Ok, Jadon and I are going to bed, you can stay if you want, but we're going to bed now. Goodnight!" No one ever took offense to it, and I didn't say, "Get out!" (as much as I really wanted to), but I just simply stated that my family has needs that need to be taken care of, and I wasn't going to put them on hold. If someone is offended by it, then it's not my issue, it's theirs. Someday, they'll understand.

Judy said...

Amen Kayla!! Amen!

Scottie said...

hey jess,
yeah really when it all comes down to it, who really gives a crap what people think... there is only about a million billion others out there who i am sure are okay to get along with some of the time...
by the way, congrats on the marriage, grad, baby, etc, etc, things... i am happy for you old friend... you sure that we still don't stand a chance? just kidding, just kidding...
can ya pray for me? in brief unlike all you happy married ladies my marriage fell to poop and i have two amazing kids in fredericton who i barely see and my oldest today told me that he doesn't want to talk to me anymore or have me for a dad... not a fun time in the life of leighton... this is the lowest point i have ever been at and could use some serious prayer... i am helping out with the teens on Grand Manan in many ways and yet i am doubting God's presence in my life... anyway, sorry for the downer of a post... let's get in touch somehow if you want to??? miss ya,

Mommy Rader said...

Socttie.
Wow...as you can see no time to write...hang in there though and I will respond soon!!