Follow directions. I made a chocolate cream pie today...actually I made two. Why is this important? It isn't. It's just that this is the most eventfull thing I have done at all today (not counting the grocery store~which has become almost a daily routine). So I made this pie because a friend of ours made me one once and I fell in love with it! Now I know this isn't pattented or anything, but if you're interested, here's the recipe:
3 Packages of Jello Chocolate Pudding
2 Packets of Dream Whip
2 1/2 cups of milk
1 Keebler pie crust (or for you bakers...make your own)
* Mix dream whip and milk together, then add pudding. Put in pie crust. Make up
another package of dream whip for topping. Chill in refrigerator and EAT EAT EAT!!!
Wow...and so I made it today and the dream whip called for a half a teaspoon of vanilla, I think. And so I look at that and think, "Give me a break...who needs to measure a half a teaspoon?" Little did I realize...a half a teaspoon is not the same size as a tablespoon. So the first pie topping was a little runny. Lucky for me I have a very understanding husband and he eats some of my most scary creations. On to the second pie. Now this one is for the family who are coming up this Thursday for graduation so...it's basically do or die. I MEASURED this time (no-brainer) and it came out beautifully. Thank God for directions (and I mean that in its most hallowed sense).
I also worked on the baby's scrapbook this morning. I have way too many pictures on the digital camera...from a scrapbookers point of view~ "death to whoever invented the digital camera!" How on earth are you supposed to scrapbook with digital photos? I know, I know....you can send 'em in and all that junk, but what a waste of time!! And so I have reverted to my oldie but a goodie 35 mm camera and now TA DA! I have pictures for my scrapbooks.
I love to scrapbook, and if I ever get any more money.......nevermind......I'll pay off my huge student loan debt. Nothing like beating a dead horse.
And then there's the grocery store. I might as well live there. I feel like I go there multiple times a week. I have turned into my mom (love her soul). When I was growing up she would make multiple trips a DAY and I swore I'd never be like that (those were my pagan days of course). Needless to say, the old adage is true "We become what we hate." Wait...is that an adage or did I just make that up?? Anyways, I don't go to the store multiple times a day, but I do go multiple times a week, as my husband lovingly reminds me. But it's really not my fault! One day I need formula, the next day I need diapers, the next day I need cereal....and the list goes on and on. Having a kid makes you hate the grocery store. And I'm one of those people who only have to look at an item before it falls off the shelf. I call it accident prone...you call it what you want.
And for all my faithful readers (what...like all 2)!...I have finally figured out the blog world (I think). Thanks for all the help. I officially hate computers, but apparently the feeling's mutual because as of lately, they hate me too. And so I send my post into the cyber world...
Monday, April 25, 2005
And so the moral of the story is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























1 comment:
so, I want to hear about this "C*dy" thing (sorry, gotta speak in code...too many mutual aquaintances!) Email it to me! hadfield531@hotmail.com
Post a Comment