Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 14, 2005

How much sorrow can one heart bare?

Apperently a lot. But my testimony this morning is that God is not only good, faithful, just, and always on time no matter what, but that he truly knows what I can and can't handle. I praise his name for that. Another trajedy has struck the Rader family. We lost our second baby once again, just this morning...this time at five weeks. I didn't think a heart could break again and still be able to say praise the Lord. Yesterday when this all started I couldn't, but somehow the Lord reached down and mended my broken heart. Granted I am still mourning the loss of again another child that I desperately wanted. I prayed and believed that the Lord was going to again bless me with another child. This month he did and he took it away. He gives and takes away, but my heart will choose to say, Lord BLESSED BE YOUR NAME. I have so many unanswered questions. Why would he allow something like this to happen again? Why, after I prayed and he answered, would he seemingly take back his answer? I don't know if these questions will ever be answered this side of heaven, but I do know in whom I believe, and I know without a doubt that he is able to take that which I've commited to him and hold it until the day when I will know. I will see my babies again someday, small as they were, and I will know and for that I praise the Lord.

And so I go to the doctors tomorrow to make sure...nothing has been confimed by a doctor yet, but I'm starting to get too familiar with the signs and symptoms, and I'm positive that a miscarriage has taken place. And so where do I go from here? I honestly don't know. Everyone keeps telling me (when I say everyone I mean 2 people) to just "keep trying," but to me keep trying means running the risk of loosing another child once again, and the possibility of hurting even more. But bringing another baby into this world, and fulfilling my dreams of motherhood even more drive me to keep trying and to keep pressing on. There's always a risk to everything, right? Love comes with risks. It's part of life, and it's something that I am willing to do.

And then there's my seemingly miracle baby, my angel Gabriel, who has brough me more joy that I ever though humanly possible. I have fallen so much more in love with my son and I do every day. I never though I would feel the way I do towards him. A mother's love runs deep...all you mothers know what I mean? His 1 yr birthday is rapidly approaching here in the next few weeks and I am super excited about it!! We're going with an Elmo theme. I'm even making his cake, which I just can't wait to begin working on :) December 2nd is the big day. Gabe has been taking a few steps on his own for the past couple of weeks, so I believe that it's only a matter of time until he starts trotting off on his own...and won't that be the day?

And now after an insanley long post I feel it my blog duty to inform you all that I have made a pact with myself to blog more...and so blog more I shall.

2 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

Jess, our hearts weep for you as we read your news. We prayed for you last night, truly believing that God would protect that baby. We are so sorry that you lost yet another child. Can I just ask, though, if maybe at your doc appointment tomorrow if they might be able to see if it has anything to do with the IUD incident? I am beginning to think that the babies have not been able to attatch well due to the whole embedding (IUD) thing. Maybe they can find out for sure. Hopefully, in some ways, that really is the case, which would mean that your body just needs time to heal itself. We believe that God will allow a baby for you soon...we really do. And don't think God changed his mind....He doesn't do that. The whole situation was His answer, and unfortunately, only He knows why. But, as rough days ahead approach, remember to hold timght to His promises. It's hard to do when life isn't going so great, believe us, we know, too. But hold on to your faith....My favorite saying/promise that I saw on a church billboard a few months ago says that "God blesses a heart of faith." Hang in there. Your day will come, and what a wonderful day it will be! We are praying for you. Let me know if you want a phonecall this evening or tomorrow or something. You're still on our caller ID:) I wish there was something I could say to take away your hurt, but we both know that I don't have that kind of power in my words. Just know our hearts are reaching out to you at this time, as I know are so many others'. God bless your family....
Love, The Hadfields

Steph said...

My heart breaks for you both. I wish there was something I could do to help. You're in my prayers, God will be your comfort, your peace and your healer.