I wish!!! Following a long, exhausting day of puking my guts out (for lack of better words)I am now feeling somewhat....exhausted! And tonight was supposed to begin the cleaning festivities (see previous post), however nothing too exciting by way of the cleaning dept. has happened yet. I switched to a new pre-natal and I think it makes me sick...though I'm not really sure if that's what it was or not. I took it for two days. The first day I was close to puking...the second day I tried taking it at night before I went to bed and puked the entire next day. Guess I'll switch back to my regular pre-natals. So whatever it was hopefully is gone now and I can begin my long-awaited, much-anticipated cleaning spree!!!! I was super excited about it, but now I can't help feeling anything but exhausted. But I really can't complain (and certainly am in no way trying to now). It's all part and parcel of the "eighth months pregnant with a vivacious toddler story" I guess :) And speaking of my adorable Gabriel, he is leaving me this weekend so that I can get some stuff done around here...I felt guilty the first time I let him go away for the weekend so I could clean and rest, and this time I am more than glad to ship him off :-) I NEED to clean! If I do not satisty this animalistic desire within me I will most likely go mad. But I will miss the little boogar the second he leaves and will prolly make a few stops in his room to snuggle with his blankets *sigh* I don't think I will ever be completely okay with him not being with me every second, but at least I am learning to ask for help when I need it...especially now at this stage of the pregnancy and with all the *stuff* that needs to be done before our new little bundle arrives. I don't know if it's because I have control issues, or if I'm just a mom (or maybe an over-protective mom at this stage in the game) but I worry about his care constantly when he's away from me. No one knows him like mommy...how can they? They're not around him 24/7 like I am. No one understands everything he says even when the words are in-decipherable. No one knows all of his favorite foods and drinks, books, and toys. And you know what? That's okay. At least that's what I tell myself when he's away from me. I LOVE being his mom and taking care of him the way I take care of him. No one else can cut it. Case closed.
Anywho, chalk that tangent up to an exhausted, loaded down "placenta brain"....which I prolly checked in at the front door this morning. Perhaps now would be a good time to fetch it. This pregnancy, as beautiful as it is, is really beginning to take it's tole. Still...I can't bring myself to wish for it to be over quite yet. There's so much to do, so much more to prepare for, so much more sleep to get, so much more time to spend with Gabe one-on-one. And yet...I still cannot wait for this little guy.
And chalk that tangent up to being a tired and emotional melancholy (an oximoron really) at 10:30 at night. I must finish the first part of my enormous laundry load before bed and it's past my deisred bed time. Tomorrow begins cleaning day # 1...so much I want to accomplish. The day begins with a trip to the store for a good mop (interestingly enough, we do not own a mop) and I'm afraid that if I put myself in a compromising situation on the floor I may just never get up :-) It's true. So I'm in search of a mop, and some really good cleaning supplies. AND THEN I'M GOING TO TOWN. Starting with the basement laundry room and movin' on up. The grand finale will be carpet cleaning (if I can muster up the energy and/or of time permits). I only have until Saturday night so every minute must count! My anal side screams "Make a list!!" and I anticipate that my anal side will prevail. I must go now and make into a list what has been bouncing around in my mind for the last week. Then I can add it to my other hundred lists posted on the side of my computer desk. I LOVE my lists....there's nothing like a good list. And so without further adu...
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Post-puke and a'raaarin' to go???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























No comments:
Post a Comment