I came across this book, Children's Letters to God, while unpacking some of Gabe's books the other day and I couldn't help but smile as I read its pages. Kids are awesome!! Oh to have their innocence and faith in approaching and relating to God. So unashamed and honest. It's no small wonder that Christ has challenged us to become like children in our pursuit of Him. Here's a few of their precious prayers that especially touched my heart and made me smile:
(all prayers are in original formatting, including spelling, grammar and punctuation, etc.)
"Dear God, I want to be just like my Daddy when I get big but not with so much hair all over."
-Sam
"Dear God Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother."
-Larry
"Dear God, It rained for are whole vacation and is my father mad! He said some things about you that people are not supposed To say, but I hope you will not hurt him anyway. Your friend But I am not going To Tell you who I am."
"Dear God-Please put a-nother Holiday between Christmas and Easter. There is nothing good in there now."
-Ginny
"Dear God How Come you didn't invent any new animals lately? We still have Just all the old ones."
-Johny
"Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy."
-Joyce
"Dear God, Did you mean for the giraffe to look like that or was it an accident."
-Norma
"Dear God, Instead of Letting people die and haveing to Make new ones why don't you just keep the ones you got now?
-Jane
"Dear God, If you watch in Church on Sunday I will show you my new Shoes."
-Mickey D.
-Mickey D.
"Dear God, My brother told me about being born but it doesn't sound right."
-Marsha
"Dear God, I bet it is very hard for you to love all of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it."
-Nan
"Dear God, I think the stapler is one of your greatest invention."
-Ruth M.
"Dear Mr. God I wish you would not make it so easy for people to come apart. I had 3 stitches and a shot."
-Janet
"Please send me pony. I never ask for anything before you can Look it up."
-Bruce

























3 comments:
So precious, I would love to get that book. It sounds cute. Thanks for sharing!
~Sandra~
cute!!
Your blog is great and I've really enjoyed reading some of your posts. I have this book and love it. :-)
Post a Comment