Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 28, 2008

Soybutter Heaven


This stuff is AMAZING!!!! I don't eat peanut butter (long story) and for a while I've really had the hankering for a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Fast forward to Saturday night. I'm reading my Baby Talk mag and happened upon an add that featured a product similar in appearance to the one I found pictured here. I went C-A-R-A-Z-Y. Then I figured it was probably gross anyways, but determined to try it just in case. So yesterday, while on my weekly shopping trip at Kroger's, I set out on my quest for soynut butter. I finally discovered it in the health food/organic/all-natural isle and popped it in the cart. I got that sucker home and sure enough, later that night another craving hit, only this time I was prepared. I slathered that muck on with a generous helping of my mommy's homemade strawberry jam and after the first bite I was in peanut butter, er, SOYnut butter heaven (but seriously you wouldn't know the difference-that's how good it was!) I kept checking the label to make sure there wasn't any peanuts in there, or to make sure I didn't accidentally put peanut butter in the cart instead of soynut butter because the taste was so that of traditional peanut butter that it had my mouth watering for more. So I had another sandwich =) Anyways, if you haven't tried it and your game, you should check it out. Of course, it is a bit more pricey than its traditional counterpart, but if it's worth it to you to have organic and/or soy, and you don't or can't eat peanut butter, then I'd say splurge if you can!! Oh and it's also dairy/gluten-free!! And let me know what you think if you do. I'm completely hooked and don't think I'll ever go back to peanut butter again. Well, off for another sandwich!!

5 comments:

Maria Purviance said...

why won't you eat peanut butter?

Dena said...

yeah, ditto. Don't ya just love when you can find a great tasting alternative to what you crave!

Mommy of Four said...

So this stuff is all-organic, too?

Mommy Rader said...

Maria, I'm APPARENTLY allergic to peanut butter, but like I said...long story =) And Kayla, I believe it's all organic. It depends on what you buy. The one in the picture is and I think the stuff I bought is too.

kelsy said...

if you like soy nut butter... you should try sunbutter (sunflower seed butter) you can get it at whole foods. i just picked some up b/c a friend of mine said it was so much better than soy. i find that soy has a weird aftertaste. i REALLY like the sun butter!! and i do think it is better than the soy! i keep mine in the fridge and it is virtually indestinguishable from P-nut butter!!!! :) just thought i would share..:)