You know you're 39 weeks pregnant when...
...Your girth completely fills the bathroom stall at the Olive Garden (or any bathroom stall for that matter).
...Your 10th bottle of Tums has become your security blanket.
...You're out of breath BEFORE you reach the top of the stairs.
...You walk up the stairs spread eagle (and sit and stand that way too!)
...The thought of bending over nearly sends you into a fit of tears.
...You use the toilet more than any other appliance in the house.
...You *attempt* to keep yourself shaved, showered, hair done and makeup on~just in case you go into labor!
...Getting up requires a lot of rolling and grunting.
...Your "false labor" is greater than or equal to the sum of your bathroom trips.
...The only thing you want to wear are sweats and your husbands huge t-shirts.
...Even the sweats and t-shirts are getting tight!
...People say "Oh my goodness" when you stand up (an ordeal in itself) to move somewhere!
Well...I'm still here and still VERY pregnant! And still waiting anxiously to meet our newest addition. I am really surprised to still be pregnant actually as I was certain I wouldn't make it this long. My baby radar was definitely OFF this time!! I have another appt. with my midwives tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing them again as I haven't met with them since 37 weeks. I'd like to say I won't make it to my estimated due date but my confidence is waining...
I'm just really trying to be patient while everyone around me who's due AFTER ME (ironic) is popping out their babes like it's the newest craze =) I'm enjoying anticipating the "it" moment when I know labor is upon me and also seeking divine peace as I wait and enjoy our last moments as a family of four before we are again blessed beyond measure. And I think, with the Lord's help, that I've been managing quite well. It's not always easy to wait but in the end when this baby comes is exactly when she should. I trust my my body to do what God has created it to do and I know (well...I keep telling myself) that my body and baby will know when the right time to come is =) Thank you reader, for following my pregnancy journey thus far! It is almost finished and I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to carry a miracle just once more. God is so good. Until next time...

























8 comments:
Ohhhh!! I'm so excited to hear of her arrival!! Can't wait - I will be praying for you both!
You truely are blessed and you're right the Lord knows when it's time for your baby girl to greet her family. I can't wait to read about her birth. Prayers to you and your family.
lol I love you Jess :) and am praying for you and your family
God is watching you and counting the months and days. :)
I am so happy for you (and a little jealous!) I can't wait to be in your position. Stay comfortable, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
---
Do you know when the mountain goats give birth? Do you watch when the doe bears her fawn? Do you count the months till they bear? Do you know the time they give birth?
They crouch down and bring forth their young; their labor pains are ended. Job 39:1-3
How did your appt go? I'm really kinda hoping you can't answer because they told you you are super dilated and are getting down to business. But whenever it comes-you do know it will be the right time. As Dr. Bradley says-you don't want to risk picking a green apple! She will come soon, and she will be perfect!
I promise, I wont have my baby before you! I can't wait to see pictures when she is born!
i keep checking to see if you've had her. oh, you should live blog your labor! :) Cant wait to hear of her arrival!
I keep meaning to ask...is Joi said like "Joy" or like "Joey"? I think it is a very pretty name!
Post a Comment