Now, before you go "over-spiritualizing" that statement allow me to explain...but first allow me to qualify my last post. I WAS going to post some really cute pics of Gabe while he was away at his grandparents for my cleaning weekend spree, but I cannot for the life of me find my camera! So...as soon as I come across the camera I will try to post those pictures. They are just too cute not to share. Now...back to my statement. My husband has informed me that I am the anti-grace. Now if any of my fellow readers know me well at all you know that I am accident prone. In fact, I am probably the most accident prone person you will ever meet. Now, combine that with awkwardly pregnant and you have a ticking time-bomb waiting to explode. Justin always called me "grace" in loving sarcasm ever since we've been married. We laugh about the name still to this day. But anyways the other night I did something really, well....like me, (shot a class of ice water across the room in one swift move of my leg) and we were laughing about it when I reminded him that I was "grace," to which he (or perhaps I...I can't remember now) responded..."no you're not...you're the anti-grace!" And we got a good chuckle out of that one. So there you have it folks. I am the anti-grace. I love to laugh with my husband at the silly things I do...it's really healthy for us and something we do on more than one occassion. And believe me, Justin has his fair share of funny stories that I could share about him that would have you rolling on the floor laughing. But since this is my blog, and my story, it's not gonna happen :-)
And...on to the cleaning update. Actually, before the cleaning update there's something else interesting that happened this past week that might be of interest to my readers. If you remember, I shared in a few posts back about this herbal supplement that my midwives gave me to keep my iron levels up and to help with my vegetable intake (Spirulina). And you might also recall how I talked about being sick again, and even sick enough to puke a couple of times one day. Well I attributed all that sickness to the new pre-natal I started taking and then decided to stop taking it. Being busy cleaning during the weekend I forgot to take any vitamins at all, as well as my herbal supplements. So Monday rolls around and I am still out of my regular vitamins, so I just take the six Spirulina's that I'm supposed to take daily, and had some milk and oatmeal for breakfast (enjoying the details???). Anyways, after dropping Justin off at work for the morning and doing a few last minute things around the house I begin feeling VERY ill. Gabe was watching his cartoons on T.V., so I layed down on the couch. I soon began to realize that it was inevitable...I WAS going to toss my breakfast. So I did, and called Justin and informed him that I was sick again. Now, unlike the last time that I did this, I didn't feel better after emptying my stomach...but only felt increasingly worse. And so, to make a long story short, I ended up in the hospital with SEVERE vomiting. I'm talking like....puking every 2-5 minutes and not being able to stop for about two hours straight. I was scared to death. I had never had anything like that happen before, and I was unable to do anything but lean over the garbage can (bad mental picture I know). Poor Gabe was beside himself because the vomiting was so severe that I wasn't making the best noises (if you get my drift), and thankfully the Lord sent one of the ladies from our church to come get him and watch him for me. After about two hours of the most terrifying puke session I've ever had, I finally passed out in sheere exhaustion on the couch. I woke up about an hour later. I was SO relieved to be done. And I called my midwive and she said I should take myself into the hospital and find out what in the world was wrong. So I put myself together as best I could and drove myself the two minutes to the hospital. They hooked me up to fetal monitors and checked baby who was fine, and after a couple hours of rest, chicken noodle soup and 7-Up, I was able to go home. The only thing we can surmise from this event, is that I am allergic to those silly herbal supplements. So....I won't be taking THOSE any more! And I haven't and since then I've felt great. No naseau, vomiting or anything.
And now...for the cleaning update...I was able to get pretty much everything done. No kidding...as soon as Gabriel left for the weekend (about noon on Friday) Justin and I went out for a quick lunch and I cleaned from about 1:30-11:30. Then I had the BEST sleep I think I've ever had, and woke up and promptly began cleaning at 9, and ended about 9, with a break for lunch and dinner. I am very pleased with what I was able to accomplish and I really think that the Lord gave me supernatural strenth to accomplish what I did. I prayed that He would. I got so much done, and wasn't even as exhausted as I thought I would be :) Now...during my nightly bathroom trips I could barely walk to the bathroom due to my hips being so messed up from the pregnancy and all the bending down and lifting during the day...but I could definitely do stuff during the day. It only seemed to be a problem when I sat down for long periods of time (which...you can guess how often that happend). I was just so driven to clean. The energy was incredible....I suppose I'm nesting, because the cleaning urge hasn't stopped. I'm still cleaning...or rather...maintaining, and can't seem to stop :) But I can't complain. I am loving the clean house. And while I didn't complete the nursery like I had hoped, we have gotten a lot done on it and reserve Friday's for nursery days. We're almost there!!!!
And so that's my life in the last week or so. Thanks for coming and listening to my rant and sorry about the false hope of pictures :( You really are missing the most adorable boy you've ever seen!!!! I've just gotta find that camera.....
Saturday, October 14, 2006
I am the Anti-Grace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























4 comments:
I'm sorry you were so sick! that would have been really scary, I'm glad you figured out it was the suppliments!
I'm jelous of your cleaning spree, I can only do a little at a time before I feel like I'm going to fall asleep (or fall over lol).
I really don't miss that part about being pregnant...
My friend Stephenee is allergic to her pre-natal vitamins, and they made her so ill that she has to take Flinstone vitamins! Sorry you had such a horrible experience...when are you due?
I'm due Thanksgiving Day :) BUT....I don't think I'm going to make it that long...but we'll see...won't we????
Post a Comment